Hi, my name is Lauren Reeves! I am majoring in Elementary Education at the University of South Alabama. I am looking forward to graduating and teaching my own class soon!!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Group Work!!


With my class I will be doing a lot of small group activities! It helps the students learn to work together as a TEAM and pull their own weight. Small groups also can be fun and helpful for students. There will be times where I will have different stations for the groups to work in! Also their will be times where the students will just come up with ideas together! I will assign each student a job to do in the group whether it is being the writer, making sure their space is cleaned up after the project, getting all of the supplies for the project, and many more. I will have a sheet that every student fills out after they work in their groups to see what they had to say about their group members! It is a good way to see if every child participated and if not then I will make sure next time they will!

When I was doing my comments4teachers One of my teachers blog had great ideas for group work (it was such a great idea I would definitely recommend it)! If you would like to check it out CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment